The oily hair is a real problem when we
e dealing with him because he can give us quite a lot of trouble. The first impression always counts, and when we know people us and we are in one of the days in which the hair is not too make us buy, then the label definitely we will be placed wrong.
The secretion of sebum is an absolutely normal process to the scalp because it has the role in moisturizing the hair and maintaining it healthy, but when the amount of sebum secreted is more, the hair gain a pretty unaesthetic look of oily hair, and this time it is necessary to act in order to remedy this problem.
The causes of oily hair
The causes of excess sebum are various, and those of the appearance of oily hair also, so hormonal changes have a say in this issue also the stress, the genetic causes, the improper care or even the genetic predispositions.
Besides all these causes, there are a few wrong habits that we practice without realizing it.:
- We use aggressive shampoos
The shampoos of the trade don help us too much for that are full of detergents, and this attacks the scalp. Considering some of them lead to dehydration of the skin of the scalp, this makes those sebaceous glands to produce more sebum, and this leads to fattening faster hair. In this case, opt for professional shampoos, which contain much fewer detergents.
- The scalp is massaged too aggressively
The scalp massage is extremely beneficial for ensuring a better poor blood circulation, oxygenates the much better the roots and carry very good the nourishing substances to their level, but when the massage is done too vigorously, the sebaceous glands will be stimulated in an aggressive manner, and this will lead to a discharge more sebum. Massaging the scalp is performed at each washing, but in a mild manner, without rub or pull the skin of the head.
- The mask or the hair conditioner are applied to the root
Almost like theres a rule that the mask and the hair conditioner to be applied on the length and on the ends and avoid the roots. These cosmetic treatments contain substances that may promote the production of sebum and thats why they avoid the scalp, and ideal would be that after you apply them to rinse the hair with plenty of water. They have the role to give hair moisturizing shine and ease of styling, and therefore are beneficial for the hair, not for the scalp.
Recommendations for the prevention and treatment of the fat hair
- Use a shampoo with neutral Ph, in this way you will be able to wash your hair when you feel the need, without worrying that this problem might worsen. Apply a small amount of shampoo and don rinse it off immediately because the hair will be washed more quickly, so it will be better.
- Rinse your hair very well After the hair has been washed, it is necessary to rinse the hair very well in order not to be left traces of shampoo or conditioner because they can stimulate the secretion of sebum. For rinsing it is recommended even apple cider vinegar, so you can insert 2-3 teaspoons of vinegar in a quart of water, and then the hair will dab towel and let it dry Natural. The green tea, the black tea or the peppermint tea, all of these are extremely beneficial for rinsing.
- Don use shampoos for the babies – they are very gentle and can stimulate the secretion of sebum. They are designed specifically for children and are not intended for adults or teenagers.
- Don use hot water – because it stimulates the secretion of sebum and thats why it is recommended to use either cold water or warm water. The cold water has the role in closing the hair and the hair cuticles.
- Let your hair to dry Natural – In case you want to use the dryer hair, opt for the smallest gear of the heat and avoid to keep the dryer close to the hair root and also, this is not for you more than 15 seconds on a section of hair.
- Do not rub your hair with towel – The hair tightens into a towel and swab and gently, it is recommended to avoid friction of the hair with a towel for as it might break.
- Moisturize the hair with natural oils, but avoid the roots – They can fatten the hair more quickly in the case of in which they are applied and on the scalp and that is why it is necessary to apply them just the length or just on the ends.
- Do not touch your hair too often – This habit can stimulate more the blood circulation and the sebum, in this case, will rise to the surface of the scalp.
- Don brush it too often your hair – Brushing your hair can have an effect not just liked on an oily hair because it will not do something else than to spread the sebum on the entire surface of the hair, from the root and up to peaks.
- You can use baby powder – It absorbs the oiliness of the hair and the excess of sebum so that it can apply a little powder at the root, leave little about 5 minutes, and then comb your hair.
- Don use too many products of Styling – the Gel or the mousse can moisten the hair and can leave it oily and thats why avoid the use products of Styling too often.
- Eat healthy food – although the diet has not much to do with the excess of sebum of the scalp, the healthy foods can help your hair more beautiful and healthier. It is recommended to consume food based on Omega 3, such as salmon or nuts, vegetables, such as spinach or carrots which contain vitamin A, but no foods that contain protein are not neglected because they help to strengthen the hair and stimulates the hair growth.
Natural treatments for oily hair
- Treatment with mint tea
The teas help greatly the oily hair because of controls the efficient the sebum excess, while peppermint tea is the best recommended by specialists because it has in its composition a substance called theine, which has the role in stimulating the circulatory system. It has a refreshing effect on the scalp, which is why most shampoos for oily hair are designed with theine because it revitalizes the scalp and energizes him. After you rinse your hair with mint tea, it is not necessary to rinse with water again.
- Treatment with vinegar
This treatment is as well-known as the one with the mint because it effectively treats the oily hair, being a natural degreaser, due to the fact that has in its composition astringent ingredients. The vinegar lets your hair shiny and beautiful and removes the excess sebum from the hair follicles, as well as the dirt accumulated. It is recommended for rinsing the hair and it can be applied both before using the shampoo and after. You can mix a cup of vinegar with two cups of water, and to get rid of the strong smell you can add a little oil of lavender. Apply this content on the hair, let it act a few minutes, and then rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Treatment with lemon juice
For rinsing, you can combine the juice of 2-3 lemons with a little water, and then apply on the hair, for a more intense effect you can choose to combine the lemon juice and vinegar.
- Treatment with sodium bicarbonate
This ingredient removes the excessive secretion of sebum so at the level of the scalp and of the skin, so mix 3 teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate with a little water, until it forms a smooth paste, that only applies to the scalp. This massage for 5 minutes with ease in order not to break your hair and let it act for about 15 minutes, and then the hair is washed off with warm water or cold water.
- Treatment with clay
The clay can be combined with the powder, the vinegar and the water in equal amounts until you obtain a paste thicker which is applied on the strands, leave it to act for about 10-15 minutes, and then wash your hair.
How can you arrange the hair when its greasy?
It happens sometimes to get out of the house and not we have the hair washed, and then automatically the day will be compromised, but the most well, in this case, would be to opt for some hairstyles that to hide the fact that the hair is oily. To mask the oily hair and don feel bad then when you get out of the house because it looks ugly, below you have some examples of hairstyles for which you can opt when your hair is oily:
- Bun in the middle of the head
This hairstyle is masking very fine the oily hair, and many people adopt this hairstyle in summer when it is very hot. So, all that you have to do is to catch your hair in a tail horse on top of his head, and then twist your hair around that elastic, and to distract even more attention to the oily hair, you can use different accessories for hair.
- Tail horse
In case you have oily hair, you can choose to stick and more of the head to not notice so much, and a tail horse caught perfectly could mask incredibly well the appearance of the fat hair. Also, for this hairstyle, you could also use a little dry shampoo which to absorb the fat from the hair, and to get a ponytail perfect, let head down, comb your hair and grab it tightly with an elastic band. You can choose a strand of hair to wrap around the tail and catch it with a paper clip in it a way that does not see.
- Tail braided on one side
On the long hair, this hairstyle would look very good and would be able to conceal entirely the appearance of the fat hair. This is carried out simple enough so that it is necessary to make your path in a part, and the tail will be on the side in which they are more than they seem. From the thick strand to braid hair apparently careless, and for that hair to have more volume tapping your hair.
- Ruffled bun
This hairstyle is easily achieved, highly useful when it comes to hiding the oily hair. The chignon can be achieved in different ways, and an accessory applied will eventually lead to an exception hairstyle.
Hairstyles in the form of knots are easily achieved because the knots will not loosen. Persons with long hair will be pretty easy to achieve such a hairstyle, but before that, the hair should be combed to be able to be better handled. Gather all the hair in the back and splits into two equal parts, then the two parts it connects, and then its more tie one more time and pull them to unite. These nodes are caught with hair clips or pins to have more endurance.
How to take care of oily hair?
- Not wash your hair too often
The most probably most of you tend to wash their hair often enough if you are possessors of an oily hair. Well, this is not just in the rule for the activity of the sebaceous glands will intensify with a view as you try to get rid of that amount of sebum. Thus, the hair will become even more greasy and oily, and experts recommend washing the hair a time to four or even five days, and after a period you will see that the hair does not will have a tendency to get fat so fast.
- Avoid using products that contain oils, silicone or lanolin
These ingredients will spark even more activity the sebaceous glands, and the hair will have a greater tendency of ramming.
- Apply the mask on the hair
About once every two weeks it is advisable to use a mask made from egg, a tablespoon of lemon juice, a tablespoon of honey, and a tablespoon of olive oil, and after about 10 minutes wash your hair. It will look much better after this procedure.
- Rinse the hair with beer
The beer is very good for removal of oil at the level of the hair, so after you have washed your head, rinse the hair with beer to avoid breeding him.
- Masks with aloe vera
Aloe vera is a plant very good for the treatment of oily hair, so a mask with aloe vera and lemon applied on your hair with a half an hour before hair wash helps you get rid of oily hair.
Professional treatments for oily hair
The oily hair can be treated now a lot easier with both herbal treatments, as well as with professional treatments. The latter offers immediate results and have a degree of effectiveness much greater. You can find even online or in beauty salons, and an online store where you can find very many products from the famous brand is Glemis.en. In what follows I will present a few products that take care properly of oily hair.
- Revitalizing Shampoo for oily hair from Wella Professionals is a highly effective product for that regulates the secretion of sebum and its role is to cleanse gently the hair. It is meant to cool and revitalize the scalp, leaving hair refreshed and full of vitality thanks to the active ingredients like bamboo, caffeine and the menthol that reduce the appearance of oily hair.
- Purifying Shampoo for oily hair - Scalp from Londa Professional fight effectively against the oily hair because the stress or daily routine can cause an imbalance of the sebaceous glands, and these factors leave the hair soft and lacking volume. The extract of tea and jojoba oil in the composition of the shampoo help in removing the excess of sebum, cleanses gently and helps to restore the brightness of natural hair.
- Shampoo with bio sulfur for oily hair - the Dermis Regular Shampoo from Keune clean in depth, thanks to the Derma Control complex, being highly effective for people who have a hair and a scalp with the tendency of ramming. The essential minerals, betaine, and bio-sulfur have designed to soothe the scalp, regulate the sebum secretion and to slow down the process of their production. The results will be surprising because the hair will have more volume, a better control of the level of sebum on the scalp, and a scalp noticeably cleaner.
- Balancing Shampoo for oily hair - Bain Divalent - Specifique from Kerastase fight effective in combating the oily hair, helping to remove the excess sebum.
So, to take care of properly the oily hair, keep in mind these rules and treatments to care for your hair will have a look improved visibly.